Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's a date

I always look forward to dates with my husband but this particular one will be unique. On September 30th Ken and I will be going for DBS surgery. Now I know it may seem unusual for me to refer to this event as "us" having it done, but in my heart this is how I feel. I know Ken is the one with Parkinson's, the one who has gone through all the medication and testing rituals. He is the one having surgery, but I am his partner. Even though I may not be in the procedure with him and I can't possibly understand what he goes through day to day, I am and always will be his soulmate.
I have found these past few weeks to be very emotional. I see the strength that Ken has in dealing with all this preparation and I only hope I can offer the same strength to him. I have dealt with some very difficult situations in the past but none comes close to this. As a couple we will face this how we have any other obstacle, together.


Ann

No comments: